Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) Grant Scheme
R&B M&E Ltd are authorised installers under the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS) and are eligible to submit grant claims under the scheme.
We are also authorised installers under the Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS) and are also eligible to submit grant claims under this scheme.
Our registered Installer number is: EVHS 2179
This can be verified here: View Here
Residential OLEV Grants (EVHS)
As an authorised home installer, we are responsible for claiming the grant on behalf of the domestic resident. The total claimed on behalf of the resident is up to 75% of the cost of installation, capped at £350 (including VAT).
Workplace OLEV Grant (WCS)
As an authorised workplace installer, we are responsible for claiming the grant on behalf of the workplace applicant. The total claimed on behalf of the workplace applicant is up to £350 per socket across all sites up to a maximum of 40.
We are approved installers of Rolec EV charging point systems.
EV Home Charging Points
Charging your electric car at home will require a home charging point installation positioned where you park up your electric car. (An EVSE supply cable for a standard three-pin plug socket can be used as an occasional back up).
- Dedicated home charging points are faster and have in-built safety measures.
- Home charging points are purpose built weatherproof units. They are mounted to your house wall and consist of a dedicated charging cable or a socket for use with a portable charging cable.
- EV charging points for your home must be professionally fitted by qualified installers
Fitting you EV charging point requires mounting the charge point to an outside wall or garage close to where you park your electric vehicle. The connection to the mains electricity supply must be made by a qualified EV charging point installer. R&B M&E Ltd are registered installers of EV Charging Points and can advise you on positioning of the unit and safe operation.
The Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) Grant is the available government grant scheme for installing EV charging points at home.
The OLEV Grant, also known as the Electric Vehicle Home charge Scheme (EVHS), gives up to £500 off the cost of buying & installing an EV charging point for your home.
- The OLEV grant is payable on nearly all electric cars and hybrids (plug-in hybrid vehicle CO2 emissions must be calculated below 75g/km to qualify).
- The OLEV grant is available for one EV charge point per qualifying vehicle and up to two eligible vehicles per household.
Am I Eligible for the OLEV Grant?
To qualify for the OLEV grant you must have bought your eligible electric vehicle or hybrid car from October 1st 2016 onwards.
- You must have your own parking off the road.
- The EV charging point installed must be OLEV approved
- The installation date cannot be more than four months ahead of the date of delivery, or the date you become the registered driver of the electric vehicle.
- You must use the services of an OLEV approved installer for your EV charging point.
EV Charging Points for Businesses
R&B can install and maintain EV charging points for offices, hotels and all commercial premises.
Please call us for more information on: 01535 687010 or use the contact form below